Enrolling Your Child
On or around your child's 4th birthday, it is important to make a appointment with the principal to pre-enrol your child and have a look around our school. Prior to your child's 5th birthday you will receive a notice stating which days your child's pre-visits will occur.
Pre-school visits - four consecutive visits on Friday mornings.
The purpose of pre-school visits are:
- To meet fellow pupils and prospective friends, to develop confidence in the class, and affinity and identity with the school.
- To introduce children and their parents or caregivers to their teacher and syndicate leader.
- To become familiar with the layout and facilities at school.
- To experience some school activities, and to become familiar with class and school routines.
- To provide information needed to settle into school life quickly and smoothly.
- As we generally retain a normal programme for the students it is requested that you do not bring other pre-schoolers on these visits.
- Child will commence school the first Monday after their Birthday.
- A school day begins at 9.00am and finishes at 3.00pm.
- Sunhat's are compulsory in the first and fourth terms.
- Uniforms and stationery required can be purchased at the school.
- Your child's book bag should be checked each night for any information.
- Reader's will be sent home immediately and should be returned each day.
- Library books are to be kept in book bag so they are available for exchange.
- Subway lunch orders are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Order forms are to be completed at the office.
Children enrolled at school when 5 years old are classified as New Entrants and will classified as below:
- Year 1: If a 5year old New Entrant begins school prior to 30 April they are regarded as Year 1 from the outset and move to Year 2 classification after the completion of their first year at school.
- Year 0: If a 5 year old New Entrant begins school on/after 1 May these children are regarded a Year 0 from the outset and move to Year 2 classification after the completion of their 2nd year at school.